Manual Vs. Automatic
In simple terms, a manual car has a gear box and gear stick to control it, whereas with an automatic car the gear changing it done automatically for you.
The majority of Brits have a manual private vehicle rather than an automatic, this is largely because they are less expensive.
Pros and Cons of both…
Manual cars (stick shifts)
- Allows you to have more control over the car
- It’s a more engaged drive, but also means can be tiring to drive
- Typically cheaper to run
- Drink more fuel because it needs more power to work
- Can be complicated to mend and pricier to fix
- Typically higher insurance because they’re more complex and attract higher bills, according to Money Supermarket
- BUT is a smoother ride typically, and no tedious shifting is needed so generally less stressful to drive and easier