Dinner party etiquette…
- As a guest, do not arrive early. For this there is no exception.
- As a host, be ready when you said the evening would begin. It sounds pretty simple, but it’s a common mistake.
- If you are newly arrived in a city or neighborhood, don’t shy away from any invitations.
- Don’t choose your guests lightly, if they don’t know each other prior to the dinner ensure that personalities will gel and not clash.
- Don’t bring up politics or religion, these topics are no go areas as they can cause arguments and an uncomfortable atmosphere.
Etiquette information sourced from the Vanity Fair website